Alexandria Divorce Modification Attorneys

Circumstances change. This maxim is true for everyone, and it certainly holds true for couples after divorce. At the end of your divorce, you left with a divorce decree that detailed all of the responsibilities of each party, including child support, child custody, spousal support and other obligations. While the intention of the courts is that divorce decrees should be permanent, judges understand that circumstances change, and when they do, divorce decrees often need to change with them.

If you are in need of divorce modifications, our lawyers can help you. With more than 30 years of legal experience, Jeffrey A. Vogelman and Associates, represents Virginia clients in a range of family law and divorce-related matters, including divorce modifications. Our Alexandria divorce modification lawyers are committed to giving you the personalized service and sound legal counsel you need when seeking a divorce modification.

Material Change In Circumstances

Changing child support, child custody or other aspects of a divorce decree is not something the court will do lightly. For the court to approve a modification, the petitioning party is required to show that there has been material change in circumstances to warrant the change. This material change in circumstances can include:

  • Major financial change: A promotion, a new job, job loss or bankruptcy can change child support or spousal support need or obligation.
  • Relocation: When one of the parents moves a substantial distance away, it will have an impact on the child custody and visitation agreement, especially if there is any kind of shared custody.
  • Special needs: When a child suffers from serious physical injuries, diseases, long-term illnesses, mental disabilities or emotional problems, the financial need to provide for the child can increase substantially.

With more than 30 years of experience handling divorce matters, we are well-positioned to help you through the process of obtaining or contesting a divorce modification.

Contact A Kingstowne Support Modification Lawyer

To schedule a consultation with an experienced divorce modification attorney from Jeffrey A. Vogelman and Associates, call Jeff Vogelman at 703-836-3400 or contact us online.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.