Jeffrey A. Vogelman and Associates Family Law, Bankruptcy, Landlord Tenant Law, Personal Injury
Call Today : 703-650-0367

February 2015 Archives

What should a parent do when child support payment stops?

Virginia parents would agree that often the children of divorce often experience the most harmful effects. Children may experience feelings of insecurity and powerlessness as parents engage in a war of words. Divorcing Virginia couples should remember that while they may have fallen out of love, their children still want to be raised by both parents in a loving environment. To address the best interests of the children, the courts give child custody to one parent and require the non-custodial parent to pay child support.

Divorce-related disputes often require professional help

A divorce does not only break hearts but it can break finances, too. Divorcing couples often experience similar feelings such as anger, resentment and frustration. However, residents of Virginia may be aware that no two divorces are alike. A spouse experiencing a divorce needs personal attention as he or she struggles through one of the most difficult phases of life.

Virginia ranks a poor 'D' in joint child custody

When parents divorce, children suffer the most. They are apt to feel a strange sense of insecurity as parents engage in a war of words. What most spouses fail to realize is that although they have fallen out of love, their children may still want their parents to stay together.

How do you change child support orders in Virginia?

Many Virginia couples would agree that following a divorce, the children are the worst affected. As parents fight, children feel insecure and unhappy. Many couples forget that although they might have fallen out of love, their children likely still want their parents to live under the same roof. In keeping the best interests of the children in mind, most U.S. courts, including those in Virginia, order one parent to take child custody and asks the other to pay child support.

Email Us For A Response

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact Information

Jeffrey A. Vogelman and Associates
124 South Royal Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

Phone: 703-650-0367
Fax: 703-836-3549
Alexandria Law Office Map

Toll Free: 703-650-0367 | Fax: 703-836-3549

Back To Top