Jeffrey A. Vogelman and Associates Family Law, Bankruptcy, Landlord Tenant Law, Personal Injury
Call Today : 703-650-0367

September 2015 Archives

Steps divorcing spouses can take to develop a pet custody plan

Virginia residents know that there are many important areas that must be settled during a divorce, including property division, alimony, child custody and child visitation. But one area that may not receive enough attention is pet custody. Both parents may want their family pet to live with them, but that is simply not possible. And since a court does not treat a pet the same as a child, it's very possible that one spouse may have to give the animal up. That is why many divorcing spouses are using their attorneys to help them develop a pet parenting plan so that both of them can continue to enjoy being with their favorite animal. So here are some steps that can help divorcing couples formulate a pet parenting plan.

Are there child support issues the DCSE in VA can't settle?

Child custody and support in Virginia can be a thorny issue whether the couple was married and got a divorce or if they simply had a relationship and share a child. There are numerous problems that can arise and the Department of Child Support Enforcement is available to help both the custodial parent and the supporting parent deal with them while keep in mind the best interests of the child. That, however, does not involve every possible problem. This is why it's important to know not only what the DCSE can do, but what it can't.

Can a Virginia parent and child move after a custody decision?

Many Virginia residents know that child custody is one of the hardest decisions that a court has to make during a divorce. That is because the health and well-being of a child is at stake. But what happens to a custodial parent and child if their circumstances change after the divorce is final? Can a parent relocate with their child once a child custody decision has been made?

Child support when one parent is in the military-Part II

When a military service member gets a divorce, typically, the person must go through the civil procedure in family court, much like the person's civilian counterpart. However, the service member's situation may lead to unique problems in processing the divorce procedure or the different legal issues in a divorce, such as child custody and child support.

Email Us For A Response

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact Information

Jeffrey A. Vogelman and Associates
124 South Royal Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

Phone: 703-650-0367
Fax: 703-836-3549
Alexandria Law Office Map

Toll Free: 703-650-0367 | Fax: 703-836-3549

Back To Top